Huawei is the leading Chinese mobile phone company. Recently the company released many high-end smartphone. Huawei Honor U8860 is one of them. For those who got this phone and want to enjoy a better version to Android 4.1.2 then this Shendu Custom ROM is absolutely great. You can hunt for this update right away with the download link below.
- This guide and tool only with Huawei Honor U8860 so do not attempt to use with other Android phone since it can damage the device
- Backup everything you want before starting
- Huawei Honor U8860 must be factory unlock so it might not work with locked devices
- Check out your phone batter make sure it has more than 70%+ to make sure that it won’t run out
- Disable any antivirus since it might block the process
- We do not responsible for any loses or damage. Do it at your own risk.
- Shendu Android 4.1.2 for phone
How to Update Huawei Honor U8860 to Android 4.2.2
Step 1: Enable USB debugging option on your phone by going to “Setting” > “Applications” > “Development” > check on the box there to enable “USB Debugging”.
Step 2: Now connect your tablet to PC via USB cable then copy the Shendu Android 4.1.2 (downloaded above) to SD card.
Step 3: Turn off the tablet and boot into Bootloader Mode by pressing “Up Volume” and “Power Button” at the same time. Release them when the screen is on then go to RECOVERY mode.
Step 4: Now on Recovery Mode, use the up and down volume buttons to wipe all data. Then select, “flash zip from SD card” and press power button.
Step 5: Now navigate to where you stored Shendu Android 4.1.2 custom ROM in step 2. Now select the zip file then press power button to confirm the installation.
Step 6: It will take a few minute for the installation. After completed, select “+++++Go Back” then “reboot system now” to reboot your device. This is the first reboot so it might take longer than use about 5 minutes.
Good luck! Now your Huawei Honor U8860 is running on Android 4.2.2. Enjoy the new features. If you encounter problem, please read the whole steps again.