Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos I9082L is one of the 2013 smartphone of the company. If you got this phone and can’t get it runs on this firmware, you can use this custom ROM to push this update to your phone. With the help of Odin, you can update the phone but you need to install the phone driver on PC to make sure that Odin can detect your phone. If you want to update, you can read the rest of article to find download link of both Android 4.1.2 firmware, Odin and how to use Odin to Update Galaxy Grand Duos I9082L.
- This guide and tool only with Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos I9082L so do not attempt to use with other Android smartphone since it can damage the device
- Backup everything you want before starting
- Install the device USB driver on your PC to be detected by Odin
- Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos I9082L must be factory unlock so it might not work with locked devices
- Check out your phone batter make sure it has more than 70%+ to make sure that it won’t run out
- Disable any antivirus since it might block the process
- We do not responsible for any loses or damage. Do it at your own risk.
How to Backup Galaxy Grand Duos I9082L
How to Update Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos I9082L to Android 4.1.2
Step 1: Enable USB debugging option on your phone by going to “Setting” > “Applications” > “Development” > check on the box there to enable “USB Debugging”.
Step 2: Turn off the smartphone and boot into Download Mode by pressing and holding “Down Volume”, “Home Button” and “Power Button”. Release them when the screen is on.
Step 3: Now on your PC, run Odin then connect your smartphone to PC via USB cable. Odin will detect your device. If it fails, uninstall Samsung USB driver then reinstall it.
Step 4: Now on Odin, do as the following:
- Click on PDA button then browse to where you locate the update file to point to tar.md5 file.
- Click on ‘PIT’ and select the .pit file. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
- On Odin main window, make sure that Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time options are checked
- On Odin main window, click on Start button. Odin will flash the update to your device.
- Click on ‘Phone’ and select file with ‘MODEM’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
- Click on ‘CSC’ and select file with CSC’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Sit back and relax. Odin is flashing the update. Your smartphone will be rebooted once the installation complete.