HTC Explorer is a mid-range smartphone which was released since October 2011. Currently the device runs on Android 2.3 which is very low. With this firmware is quite a trouble that you will find less application on Google Play now do not support this version. Now than to the new update to CM10.1, it allows you to update HTC Explorer to Android 4.2.2. If you want to get this version on the Explorer to Android 4.2.2, you can check the rest of the article for download link and instruction.
- This guide and tool only with HTC Explorer so do not attempt to use with other Android phone since it can damage the device.
- Install the device USB driver on your PC. Click here to download the driver.
- Backup everything you want before starting.
- Check out your phone batter make sure it has more than 40%+ to make sure that it won’t run out.
- Disable any antivirus since it might block the process.
- We do not responsible for any loses or damage. Do it at your own risk.
How to Backup Android Device
- Android 4.2.2 CM10.1 for HTC Explorer
How to Update HTC Explorer to Android 4.2.2
Step 1: Enable USB debugging option on your phone by going to “Setting” > “Applications” > “Development” > check on the box there to enable “USB Debugging”.
Step 2: Now connect your phone to PC via USB cable then copy the Android 4.2.2 CM10.1 (downloaded above) to SD card.
Step 3: Now copy boot.img to android-sdk-windowsplatform-tools directory.
Step 4: Turn off the phone and boot into Bootloader Mode by pressing “Volume Down” and “Power Button” at the same time. Release them when the screen is on.
Step 5: On fastboot mode, go to android-sdk-windowsplatform-tools directory then open CMD by Shift + Right Click.
Step 6: The CDM window will appear then you can enter the following commands: fastboot flash boot boot.img then hit enter to confirm. Follow with this command: fast boot reboot hit enter to confirm again.
Step 7: Follow the screen the instructions then select Bootloader then select Recover.
Step 8: Now on Recovery Mode, use the up and down volume buttons to wipe all data. Then select, “flash zip from SD card” and press power button.
Step 9: Now navigate to where you stored Android 4.2.2 CM10.1 in step 2. Now select the zip file then press power button to confirm the installation.
Step 10: It will take a few minute for the installation. After completed, select “+++++Go Back” then “reboot system now” to reboot your device. This is the first reboot so it might take longer than use about 5 minutes.
Good luck! Now your HTC Explorer is running on Android 4.2.2. Enjoy the new features. If you encounter problem, please read the whole steps again.
Incoming search terms:
- how to enable usb storage in cm10 1
- cm10 for HTC explorer