If you own Samsung Galaxy Y GT-s5360, you phone won’t be able to any further than Android 2.3.6 which is very bad. You won’t be able to use new application of Google Play with this Android version. However we have a custom ROM which allows Galaxy Y GT-s5360 to update to Android 4.0.3. This custom ROM was tasted and worked fine. If you want to try this custom ROM, you can follow the rest of the article for download link as well as instruction.
- This guide and tool only with Galaxy Y GT-s5360 so do not attempt to use with other Android phone since it can damage the device
- Backup everything you want before starting
- Galaxy Y GT-s5360 should be factory unlock so it might not work with locked devices
- ClockworkMob must be installed on your smartphone to be able to boot into recovery mode
- Check out your phone batter make sure it has more than 70%+ to make sure that it won’t run out
- Disable any antivirus since it might block the process
- We do not responsible for any loses or damage. Do it at your own risk.
How to Backup Galaxy Y GT-s5360
- Android 4.0.3 for Galaxy Y GT-s5360
How to Update Galaxy Y GT-s5360 to Android 4.0.3
Step 1: Enable USB debugging option on your phone by going to “Setting” > “Applications” > “Development” > check on the box there to enable “USB Debugging”.
Step 2: Now connect your phone to PC via USB cable then copy the Android 4.0.3 (downloaded above) to SD card.
Step 3: Turn off the phone and boot into Recovery Mode by pressing “Home Button”, “Up Volume” and “Power Button” at the same time. Release them when the screen is on.
Step 4: Now on Recovery Mode, use the up and down volume buttons to wipe all data. Then select, “flash zip from SD card” and press power button.
Step 5: Now navigate to where you stored Android 4.0.3 custom ROM in step 2. Now select the zip file then press power button to confirm the installation.
Step 6: It will take a few minute for the installation. After completed, select “+++++Go Back” then “reboot system now” to reboot your device. This is the first reboot so it might take longer than use about 5 minutes.
Good luck! Now your Galaxy Y GT-s5360 is running on Android 4.0.3. Enjoy the new features. If you encounter problem, please read the whole steps again.
Incoming search terms:
- upgrade galaxy y android 2 3 6 to 4 0