Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100 is one of the key tablet of the company. Of course Samsung won’t let go of this tablet that the latest Android firmware will be pushed to this device. If you don’t want to wait for the official update then you can go for this Android 4.2.2 CM 10.1 Nightly custom ROM. With this article you can download the custom ROM then instruction how to update. Please note that this custom ROM does not include Google Apps that you need to install it too. All of these are in this article.
- This guide and tool only with Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100 so do not attempt to use with other Android tablet since it can damage the device.
- Backup everything you want before starting.
- ClockworkMob must be installed on your smartphone to be able to boot into recovery mode.
- Check out your tablet batter make sure it has more than 40%+ to make sure that it won’t run out.
- Disable any antivirus since it might block the process.
- We do not responsible for any loses or damage. Do it at your own risk.
How to Backup Android Device
How to Update Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100 to Android 4.2.2
Step 1: Enable USB debugging option on your phone by going to “Setting” > “Applications” > “Development” > check on the box there to enable “USB Debugging”.
Step 2: Now connect your phone to PC via USB cable then copy the Android 4.2.2 CM 10.1 Nightly and Google Apps (downloaded above) to SD card.
Step 3: Turn off the phone and boot into Recovery Mode by pressing “Volume Up”, “Volume Down” and “Power Button” at the same time. Release them when the screen is on.
Step 4: Now on Recovery Mode, use the up and down volume buttons to wipe all data. Then select, “flash zip from SD card” and press power button.
Step 5: Now navigate to where you stored Android 4.2.2 CM 10.1 Nightly in step 2. Now select the zip file then press power button to confirm the installation.
Step 6: Repeat step 5 to install Google Apps.
Step 7: It will take a few minute for the installation. After completed, select “+++++Go Back” then “reboot system now” to reboot your device. This is the first reboot so it might take longer than use about 5 minutes.
Good luck! Now your Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100 is running on Android 4.2.2. Enjoy the new features. If you encounter problem, please read the whole steps again.