Now updating Galaxy Note 2 AT&T to Android 4.3 is possible but with a custom ROM. This custom ROM is CyanogenMod 10.2 Nightly. The team behind this ROM has pushed this update for public uses for awhile already and it supports many high-end smartphones in the market right now. This update was tested and worked smoothly. If you don’t want to wait for the official update then you can try using this custom ROM. Please read the whole guide before starting the first step.
- This guide and tool only with Samsung Galaxy Note 2 AT&T do not attempt to use with other Android phone since it can damage the device.
- Backup everything you want before starting.
- A custom recovery must be installed on your phone. It can be ClockWorkMod or TWRP but the process is slightly different.
- Check out your phone batter make sure it has more than 40%+ to make sure that it won’t run out.
- We do not responsible for any loses or damage. Do it at your own risk.
How to Update Samsung Galaxy Note 2 AT&T to Android 4.3
Step 1: Enable USB debugging option on your phone by going to “Setting” > “Applications” > “Development” > check on the box there to enable “USB Debugging”.
Step 2: Now connect your phone to PC via USB cable then copy the CM 10.2 Nightly and Google Apps (downloaded above) to SD card.
Step 3: Turn off the phone and boot into Recovery Mode by pressing “Up Volume”, “Home Button” and “Power Button” at the same time. Release them when the screen is on (it can be different accordingly to the installed custom recovery).
Step 4: Now on Recovery Mode, you can backup your current ROM so that you can restore it if you don’t like the new one. It is very important and it can be done in just a few minutes.
Step 5: Back to the Recovery Mode, use the up and down volume buttons to wipe all data:
- For CWM, select “wipe data/ factory reset” option.
- For TWRP, select “Wipe” then “Factory Reset” option.
Step 6: Back to Recovery Mode again, select, “flash zip from SD card” and press power button and navigate to where you stored CM 10.2 Nightly in step 2. Now select the zip file then press power button to confirm the installation.
Step 7: Now repeat step 6 to install the Google Apps.
Step 8: It will take a few minute for the installation. After completed, select “+++++Go Back” then “reboot system now” to reboot your device. This is the first reboot so it might take longer than use about 5 minutes.
Good luck! Now your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 AT&T is running on Android 4.3. Enjoy the new features. If you encounter problem, please read the whole steps again.
Incoming search terms:
- 4 3 update for galaxy note 2